Today I decided to create a new project using one of the new dies recently released by the great Susan Tierney Cockburn. This die can be found on Elizabeth Craft Designs website.


First a little bit of history, the Cymbidium Orchid is also known as the boat orchid. it gets its name from the greek word for boat "kymbe" due to the bottom petal curling up like a boat. 

I had so much fun trying to make this flower on my own without knowing what I was doing.

Things you need:

1) Balsam wood 4'' x 2''
2) White 85lb cardstock
3) Deco foil - gold
4) Copic Markers - Y18, G94, G99, YG11
5) red pollen purchased on ECD websites found here
6) a 20 gauge green wire found at Hobby Lobby
and finally 
6) hot glue gun.



before you begin follow this link to Susan's Garden Club to see how she makes the Cat Tails. the Cat Tails need some time to dry and create.

I new used a piece of balsam wood and cut it into a shape of a pot I have at home. This is a small design and mostly I eyed it so not sure what the dimensions on it are. I also uses a small pop up dot to elevate the center so the pot looks like its a 3-d effect. 



Next I shaped each flower just by guessing. If you don't already have it you need it quickly. the tool set sold by Elizabeth Craft designs created by Susan. These flower shapers are amazing and can crate the most amazing flowers. 


So after shaping it and playing with the flowers the final outcome is what you see above. Hope you have enjoyed this short blog. See you next time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moosy Birthday